Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I haven't stopped blogging. I've just been doing it privately. But I figured I would let you all know that I'm not actively seeking pregnancy. I'm doing other things like training for a 5k. I'm okay with being a new mom at 27 or 28 and not 26. I still like that it's just me and Steve.

I have spent the last few years feeling like a failure. I dropped out of college and I've only ever worked in retail. I gained too much weight, I spend too much time indoors and now I'm unemployed with my only responsibilities being housework and feeding my husband and I, and maybe entertaining the cat once in awhile. Let's be honest, cats barely need a glance in their direction to be content. But I'm starting to not care about how other people see me. It wasn't that long ago that it was perfectly okay for a wife not to work. Sure, we don't have money for trips around the world, or even the U.S. and our home is poorly decorated and we still wear clothes that we bought a few years ago, but we don't need more than what we have.

Our bills are paid, we have food in our kitchen and a roof over our heads in a safe place. We're together. We're happy. That's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment